You are worthy of self love
You are worthy of self love
Hey there beautiful! Yes, I am talking to you. I know you must have heard about self-love more times than you can imagine. Everyone in your circle is probably telling you to love yourself more than anything in this world, but you have no clue on how to practice self-love. Practicing self-love is challenging just as much as you may find it difficult to accept compliments from other people or even speak about what you love most about yourself. For instance, If someone asked you right now, who or what do you love more than anything else in this world? How likely are you to respond; “myself?’. Self-love is not about being egoistic, thinking less of others or being a narcissistic piece of shit. It’s about developing mental hygiene – accepting your flaws, making time to connect with your inner self, being less judgmental towards yourself, and being mindful of what is real about you and always working towards becoming a better version of yourself.
Like most challenges, there are different ways to fight and overcome lack of self love. First, you have to understand that practicing self-love begins within oneself. Below is a list of several ways to love you more because you are the most significant gift you can ever ask for. Hope these tips are very helpful and insightful.
1. Begin each day practicing positive affirmation on yourself – compliment yourself on how beautiful you look. Speak and believe nothing is impossible to achieve, and my life is fantastic. I love myself genuinely and ultimately. I’m proud of who I am. I love the color of my skin, and my scars make me stronger. I will surround myself with positive people, and I will nourish myself with great food and vibes.
2. Don’t believe everyone else is in a better place than you are and stay away from criticizing yourself.
3. Learn to celebrate your loss and win; they make you stronger and wiser.
4. Embrace those “weird” characteristics and appreciate them more. You are unique and beautiful.
5. Don’t ever compare yourself to other people. You are unique and quite frankly, you are adorable and great.
6. Take on new activity and learn to spend time with yourself. Some people fight the thought of being alone because they are not in love with who they are.
7. Set boundaries, nurture the relationship you have with yourself and others. Don’t maltreat others to make yourself feel good.
8. Allow yourself to dream big and remember It’s okay to fail as long as you try again.
9. Avoid living in the past and punishing yourself for past mistakes. It will hinder you from loving and connecting with your inner self.
10. Lastly, remember to be patient with yourself and others. Practicing self-love is not the most natural thing to do, but I believe in your courage and determination. Take it one step at a time.
“Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball